Since 1916, we have led the effort in welcoming new Americans to Akron to make our community their home.
The International Institute of Akron (IIA) is a leader in the ever-expanding international community in Summit County, Ohio. A 501 (c)3 nonprofit agency founded in 1916, IIA welcomes new Americans to Akron to make our community their home.
Our mission is to contribute to the well-being of our community by creating and implementing programs and services that assist those born outside the United States to integrate into American society. We work to promote public awareness of the value of ethnic diversity and to encourage international communication.
What We've Achieved
- 2016, raised $206,200 for economic and community development initiatives.
- 2016, resettled 801 Refugees from 10 countries.
- From 2013 - Present, volunteers have completed over 26,000 hours.
- 2016, assisted over 600 individuals with employment services
- 2016, assisted over 300 clients in receiving citizenship
- 2016, provided English class to 670 students totaling in 13,542 hours.